Originally an 1840 chapel in the Romanesque style, by the architect John Shaw, Jr., the church of St. Peter was renovated and expanded after being “badly damaged” during the Blitz.
St. Anne’s dates from 1865. It’s a small CofE parish church in Hoxton.
The present St James’ Church dates from 1875. The adjoining almshouses date from 1854.
Completed in 1863, the 150-year-old church was originally founded as Christ Church, Pentonville and was consecrated as St. Silas in 1867. “In 2010 St Silas became the first church building in England to have a new roof complete with solar tiles,” according to the parish site.
St Botolph without Aldersgate.
St Benet Welsh Church.
Built in 1831. Burned during the Blitz in 1941. Designed by John Foster, who was one of the group of architects and artists who excavated the Temple of Apollo at Bassae in 1811-1812, and of Aphaia in Aegina.
Paddy’s Wigwam. The Mersey Funnel. Liverpool’s Roman Catholic cathedral was completed in 1967 and was designed by Frederick Gibberd. More on Wikipedia.
According to the intro paragraph of the Cathedral’s history page it “ranks high in the North West Tourist attraction tables and in 2009, against formidable competition, won the accolade of ‘Best Large Visitor Attraction’ at the North West’s Annual Tourism Awards hosted by The Mersey Partnership.” Probably because it has two restaurants and a shop. The …