Originally an 1840 chapel in the Romanesque style, by the architect John Shaw, Jr., the church of St. Peter was renovated and expanded after being “badly damaged” during the Blitz.
St. Anne’s dates from 1865. It’s a small CofE parish church in Hoxton.
The present St James’ Church dates from 1875. The adjoining almshouses date from 1854.
Completed in 1863, the 150-year-old church was originally founded as Christ Church, Pentonville and was consecrated as St. Silas in 1867. “In 2010 St Silas became the first church building in England to have a new roof complete with solar tiles,” according to the parish site.
Part of the Diocese of Westminster, this Roman Catholic Church was opened in 1916. It was designed by Robert L. Curtis and built by E. Lawrence & Sons, according to “Catholic Churches of London” by Dennis Evans.
St Botolph without Aldersgate.
St Benet Welsh Church.
Built in 1831. Burned during the Blitz in 1941. Designed by John Foster, who was one of the group of architects and artists who excavated the Temple of Apollo at Bassae in 1811-1812, and of Aphaia in Aegina.
Completed in 1827, St. Mark’s Church was designed by W.C. Mylne, who was the chief surveyor of the New River Company, which was developing Myddelton Square, according to British History Online. The square is named for the New River Company’s founder.